Tuesday, September 13, 2011

New children's book series by Sheila Walsh



Isn't this just precious for that special little girl in your life?!

Gabby, God's Little Angel (Hardcover, Thomas Nelson, September 20, 2011, ISBN: 1400317150, $14.99) tells the story of Gabby, a guardian angel in training, sent to protect a precocious little girl named Sophie.

Written as a story to be read aloud, Gabby, God's Little Angel provides lessons about God's ever-presence and love. The first in this new Gabby series engages little girls with stories of Sophie's antics and the lengths to which Gabby goes to keep her safe, demonstrating Psalm 91:11: "He will put his angels in charge of you. They will watch over you wherever you go."


There is a lot of interest in angels in our culture, but so much of it is based on fairy tales and not the truth of God's Word. In Matthew, Jesus draws a child to his side and says, "See that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I tell you that their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father in heaven." (18:10)Walsh is moved by God's passion for children and wanted to show how angels can affect their lives every day. Walsh says, "We live in a crazy world, but we serve a God who loves us and our children with a relentless passion. What a gift to let our children know that they are never alone, that they are always loved. That is a story worth telling!"




Gigi fans will fall in love with Gabby and learn about God's love and provision and a little about His invisible creation, the angels.


 

2 comments:

  1. I requested for this book and should be receiving it soon. Can't wait to read it together with my little sister. I'm sure she'll love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anne! What an adorable book! I may have to look it up for my nieces. :-) I just wanted to let you know that I've awarded you "The Versatile Blogger Award" on my blog, http://gwendolyngage.blogspot.com/ Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

I am so delighted that you've taken time to come by and comment. Blessings for a joy-filled day!

1 Corinthians 1:3 ~ Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.