Friday, July 20, 2012

Scrapbooking Challenge ~ Peace

I set out to make a paper crafted memory album about my daughter Amy but I only have the first page done. As I was searching for inspiration, I joined the Scrapbooking Your Faith group on Facebook, hosted by Courtney Fassler Walsh, who is an amazing crafter, writer and blogger mom. She put out a challenge a couple of weeks ago, maybe more, to scrap a time when your faith was being challenged. I decided to use the My Memories Digital Scrapbooking Software to create this layout about my daughter Amy, who passed away in May; Our Loss is Heaven's Gain.

Mother's Day, May 13th, 2012


In the top photo, my daughter Amy was still on the BiPap machine at this point. It was fairly early in the afternoon. She was aware of us (me) and I was reassuring her that I would not leave her and that Jesus was waiting on her with open arms, to not be afraid. (I think on some level I was reassuring myself.) I tried not to let her see my tears and not to project any fear. I really didn't want her to be afraid. I wanted her to know how much I loved her and would miss her. How we all would. I wanted to instill confidence in her and to reassure her that she would soon have a new body, a healed body, and be in her new home, living with Jesus and her Mimi. 

In the bottom photo, it was late afternoon. The BiPap machine had been removed and we had gone to comfort measures. She was no longer awake but I know she was aware of my presence. I quietly spoke to her and lay on the bed with her, holding hands (as you can see here), loving on her and cradling her until she passed from my arms to His.

I cling to Phillipians 4:7, which is at the bottom of the layout: And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Peace is the key here. It can only come from God. Despite this being the worst day ever, and grief still rearing its ugly head, I am at peace knowing that she is at peace. No more pain, no more suffering, no more tears! I will see her again, and together we will rejoice!

I sincerely hope no one is offended by these photos. It's not my intent to shock or repulse anyone. Amy was alive in both photos. I only want to show that with God all things ARE possible. You CAN face the challenging times, but I believe only with HIM! 

Images are mine. Please don't take them!

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful page Anne. I think your photos are perfect. Very honest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Christa. I appreciate you coming by and taking time to leave a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a beautiful layout. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is inspiring on so many levels and not offensive at all! My heart was just heavy and my throat thick with tears as I read your story. Oh Anne you are in my prayers! Our God is indeed stronger than any other and His strength is made perfect in our weakest moments!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anne...
    What a beautiful post, I don't have enough words to say how brave and loving mom you are. To read this, made me cry, I believe that for any mother a situation like this would be very hard. But only a heart (like yours) strong in the Lord, would be able to pass through something like this.
    All my admiration and respect for you and your family.
    Send you a huge hug,
    Love to you

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Anne, that is just beautiful!! The tears are flowing, but His peace brings such comfort! I love you dear friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anne, how touching and yes the tears are welling up in my eyes. I don't find anything offensive about the photos. How could a Mother saying good-bye to her daughter be offensive? A Mother reassuring her daughter not to be afraid and that Jesus and Mimi are waiting for her is very touching. My prayers are with you and your family. Thank you for sharing your heart and photos with us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anne, I found you through Patter's site (in the comments) and came here. I cannot believe how the Lord works! My oldest daughter, also named Amy, died almost 12 years ago as the result of a car accident. I got in bed with her and held her just as you held your Amy. Like you, I reassured her that it was OK to go with God, she shouldn't worry about us because we would be fine, and all our "old people" would be there waiting for her. My heart aches for her every day and the tears still flow. But God is good. "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13 I wish I had photos of me with
    Amy at the end. I love what you've done to create this memorial page. God bless. Tina S

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Anne,
    You have made a lovely memorial page of your daughter. I am incredibly blessed as I'm sure everyone else is of the strength and grace you share in your post. Very touching! Thank you for sharing from your heart.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for your kind comments about my post. I decided to check out your blog, I am also a scrapper. But oh my gosh, what you have been through-Sandi worded it all so lovely above, she has a way with words.
    But I am very sorry, you are living every parents worse nightmare. Not offended at all, feel touched to share with you. You are an amazing woman, thank you for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, Anne, my heart breaks for you. I can't even begin to imagine what you went through. I feel your heart here so strong. I like to think of my mama peering over the gate of heaven watching for me. Perhaps your Amy will be beside her watching for you. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susan! I am blessed to have been with her. {{hugs}}

      Delete

I am so delighted that you've taken time to come by and comment. Blessings for a joy-filled day!

1 Corinthians 1:3 ~ Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.