Thursday, November 10, 2011

In Honor of Veterans ~ 11.11.11

Veterans Day Poster. Honoring All Who Served. This poster was created by j. Luke Borland of the Air Force News Agency. Click on image to go to website.


My Heroes
By Tricia Goyer

I passed you on the street,
And did not know.
You are my grandparent
My parent,
My uncle, friend
And I did not ask.

I saw weak eyes,
Shaky hands,
Unsure steps.
Not realizing that inside was a warrior's heart.

Tell me it is not too late, to thank you.
To applaud you.
Tell me it is not too late, to listen.
For your eyes have seen things,
Of soldiers and men.
And those hands,
Fought strong until they grasped freedom's prize.

Those footsteps, steady and strong,
Once moved forward, facing death.
Realizing the cause was too great,
To stand and do nothing.

I will ask now.
And I will listen.
The warrior's voice may tremble,
Eyes may tear.
But the stories will not be forgotten.



Tricia Goyer is a homeschooling mom of four and an acclaimed and prolific writer. 
You can find out more information about Tricia at www.triciagoyer.com
Reprinted with permission from author.







































On Friday check out my interview with Catherine West @ Stuff & Nonsense II and find out about her debut novel, Yesterday's Tomorrow, set in Vietnam, 1967.

3 comments:

  1. You're welcome, Tricia. It's a lovely poem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, simply lovely, bff. Tricia, I so enjoyed this. My family are all veterans. My uncle a prisoner of war in WWII. So I get it and wish our country would get it. P.S. I am writing a YA about this. It just came to me. Scrambling for paper to make notes just now.

    *waving* Anne, the review of that book I talked about is up today. Would appreciate your thoughts on how I did it are appreciated. Love you. *smiling*

    ReplyDelete

I am so delighted that you've taken time to come by and comment. Blessings for a joy-filled day!

1 Corinthians 1:3 ~ Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.