Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Reviews ~ Love on the Range and Love's True Home by Rebecca Nightsong

 Purchase link here FREE on Kindle

A plucky city girl. A tough cowboy. Romance in cowboy country.

When a crisis cripples the ranch, stern cowboy Jett Maddox is suddenly promoted to foreman. Just in time for the fall cattle drive. No sweat. Except for the new spitfire cook who is way too soft for wild country.

City-girl Marlee Donovan knows failure. She’s already on her second career, and her family is sure she’ll fail again. But plucky Marlee packs up her chef’s knives and heads west for a cook’s job on a ranch anyway. She’s ready to prove herself.

As Marlee struggles with the hardships of life in the west, Jett finds himself falling for her. And Marlee is drawn to the unexpected soft side of the gruff cowboy. But when tragedy at the ranch escalates, a difficult decision must be made…and Marlee’s stubborn streak could cost her everything.

 Love on the Range is a prequel to the Looking Glass Lake series of contemporary Christian romance. If you like sweet and clean love stories with quirky characters that get you laughing, then you’ll love Rebecca Nightsong’s world of imperfect people who dare to put their faith and love in action.

If you like books by Janet Tronstad, Brenda Minton, and Lucy McConnell, then you'll love this touching story and its quaint little town.

Saddle up and start this sweet adventure love story today!

My Thoughts

This is my first story from Nightsong. I enjoyed the setting and characters. Jett and Marlee sizzle like bacon on a hot griddle, meaning they have chemistry from the get-go and it's cleanly done! Love on the Range is a sweet short story, just enough to whet my appetite for more from this author!

I was given a copy of this story in electronic form from the author. No review was required. No compensation received.


And here's the more...

Secrets. Redemption. Love’s second-chance. 
 
Hard-driving real-estate developer Lauren Rolphe returns to her hometown of Looking Glass Lake, ready to revitalize the area and receive a hero’s welcome for her troubles.

Practical-joker Matthew Paycoach is the town’s most loyal and influential citizen…and Looking Glass Lake's most charming cowboy. But even his easy-going smile can’t cover the pain Lauren caused when she dumped him and left town without a goodbye nine years ago.

As they war over the town’s future, Looking Glass Lake’s most notorious matchmakers jump into the fray. Matt quickly loses the battle to protect his heart, and Lauren is overwhelmed by sweet memories and longings she has tried so desperately to forget.

But when a secret surfaces and the past comes back to haunt them, Matt and Lauren must learn how to let go and trust God…or lose love’s true home forever.

Love’s True Home is Book 1 in the Looking Glass Lake series of contemporary Christian romance. If you like sweet and clean love stories with quirky characters that get you laughing, then you’ll love Rebecca Nightsong’s world of imperfect people who dare to put their faith and love in action.

Saddle up and enter cowboy country to start this sweet love story today!


My Thoughts

Love's True Home is a great contemporary western. It reminds me of Mitford, only in the west. If you're a Jan Karon fan, you'll know what I mean. If not, then you're in for a treat. You'll find a community of family and friends that you'll long to sit down with and have a long chat over coffee and pie. There's love, acceptance, and forgiveness found among the banks of Looking Glass Lake. Have your tissue handy because you might even shed a few tears. I know I did. Nightsong has created a beautiful cast of characters that I look forward to seeing more of.

I was given a copy of this story in electronic form from the author. No review was required. No compensation received. 


: : :

I want to thank Rebecca Nightsong for providing the electronic copies. Authors pour their heart and soul into their stories, and I appreciate every moment they spend doing this! I've actually had the honor of meeting Rebecca and chatting with her over coffee. She's a lovely young woman with a precious heart for the Lord. It comes through in her writing too!

I would also like to encourage YOU, the reader, to leave a review on any book you read. Even one sentence helps to encourage the author. ;-)

Have a Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving!



2 comments:

  1. Hi Anne! I love how encouraging you are for all of us to try out these books! I agree that authors work so hard for publication, and your reviews are a sweet reward for all that work.
    I'm hoping you had a good Thanksgiving celebration! My daughter and her family just left yesterday, and so it's a time to clean up, and then gear up for Christmas. It's a busy time for sure. I miss my dad and my mom so much, but I know they are with me too.
    Blessings!
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have me wanting to read Love's True Home, Anne! Thanks so much for the review. When you mentioned it being like Mitford, but set in the west, you had me!
    Thank you for your visit to my blog. Happy Advent season!

    ReplyDelete

I am so delighted that you've taken time to come by and comment. Blessings for a joy-filled day!

1 Corinthians 1:3 ~ Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.