Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Review ~ A Cloud by Day, a Fire by Night: Finding and Following God's Will for You by A.W. Tozer, James L Snyder (Editor)


Paperback176 pages
Published March 5th 2019 by Bethany House Publishers


How can I know God's will for me, personally? It's a question that haunts us all at times--maybe when we're looking for the right job, thinking about moving to a new city, or deciding whether or not to get married. At every stage we have difficult decisions to make, and we long for God's direction and his warm reassurance that we're heading the right way.

A Cloud by Day, a Fire by Night
 captures Tozer's teaching on the will of God taken from sermons he preached just before he left his successful church in Chicago. Tozer was no stranger to facing difficult decisions, and his wisdom and biblical insight will help guide you in decisions of your own. The title comes from the story of God leading his people out of Egypt into the promised land. In the same way, let this book help reveal where he is leading and reassure you that he will be by your side every step of the way. 

Read an excerpt HERE.

Purchase Link: CBD

My Review
5 STARS!!!

Don’t we all, at some time or another, wrestle with the question “What is God’s will for my life?” I know I sure seem to ponder this question often but I always find any works from Tozer to be helpful. He was a sincere, godly man who sought the Lord’s will in all aspects of his life. Through 23 sermon excerpts compiled by James Snyder, A Cloud by Day, A Fire by Night encourages Believer’s to dig deep into the Word of God, knowing and understanding that God is always there, just as he was during the Exodus from Egypt, guiding His people day and night, never leaving them or forsaking them. Until we reach our heavenly home, we can know God’s will for us by knowing Him and His Word.

I used this book as a daily devotional since it has the structure of one. The hymns added even more depth to Tozer’s teaching. I'll be looking to buy a print copy because this is one that I find myself wanting to underline and write notes in the margins. It can be used as a companion to Bible journaling, as well.

I was provided an electronic copy of the book through Netgalley and the publisher. No review was required. No compensation was received.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so delighted that you've taken time to come by and comment. Blessings for a joy-filled day!

1 Corinthians 1:3 ~ Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.