Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Review ~ Diamond in the Rough (American Heiresses #2) by Jen Turano

Paperback352 pages
Published September 3rd 2019 by Bethany House Publishers


As part of a bargain with her grandmother, Poppy Garrison accepts an unusual proposition to participate in the New York social season. Forced to travel to America to help his cousin find an heiress to wed, bachelor Reginald Blackburn is asked to give Poppy etiquette lessons, and he swiftly discovers he may be in for much more than he bargained for.

Purchase:

I am in no way affiliated with any vendors. Links are provided as a courtesy only.



My Review
5 STARS!!!

I absolutely loved this story! The writing is fabulously witty and fast-paced with tangible descriptions of countryside and mannerisms and costume. Poppy Garrison needs to be my best friend because then there would be someone in my life clumsier than I am. Her character is vibrant and fairly leaps off the page with enthusiasm. Reginald Blackburn was a bit uptight in the beginning but I still liked him immediately. He’s British, you know. ;) He has a big heart underneath his ‘stuffy’ exterior and is one of the best characters Turano has written, in my opinion.

Poppy and Reginald hold center stage in this book but there are a couple of other storylines that make it even richer in depth and characterization. 
Diamond in the Rough has a lot of heart amid the humor.

Fans of historical romance will want to grab a copy of this novel. I was provided a review copy from the publisher with no expectation of a review.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so delighted that you've taken time to come by and comment. Blessings for a joy-filled day!

1 Corinthians 1:3 ~ Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.