Thursday, October 13, 2022

Review ~ Honor Bound (Love and Honor #1) by Hallee Bridgeman

Paperback384 pages
Published September 6th 2022 by Fleming H. Revell Company


It may seem odd to seek peace by moving to a war-torn African country, but for medical missionary Dr. Cynthia Myers, it provided a way to escape a shallow life of unearned wealth, a philandering fiancé, and a father now square in the public eye as vice president of the United States. At least here she knows her work and life have meaning. But all that is thrown into chaos when she fails to save the life of a local warlord's mortally wounded son.
As part of the Army Special Forces "A-Team" on a mission to capture and subdue the warlord, Captain Rick Norton is compelled to use deadly force to save Cynthia's life. Enraged at the violence she witnessed and riddled with guilt that men died because of her, Cynthia tries to hold on to her anger--but an unwanted attraction is taking hold.
With two members of his team badly injured and rebels in hot pursuit, Rick will have to draw upon all his strength and cunning to get her out alive . . . because he's beginning to think they just might overcome their differences and be able to make a life together.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

My Review 3 STARS

This is the first book in a new series by this author but I still felt like I was missing some ties to earlier characters. The military aspect of this story was fast-paced and seemed realistic. Captain Norton's team is one that I can imagine being filled with real life heroes. I liked how strong and outspoken of a Christian Norton is and would like to read more about him beyond his relationship with Cynthia. She is a character that I didn't connect with and was often irritated with because of her pacifist views being vocalized to an elite member of the military.

 It's a common trope in military fiction now, saving a 'damsel in distress' in a foreign country. I'm sure this is a story that many will enjoy even though I didn't like it as much as I thought I would. I received an electronic copy from the publisher through Netgalley and was under no obligation to post a review.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so delighted that you've taken time to come by and comment. Blessings for a joy-filled day!

1 Corinthians 1:3 ~ Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.