Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Review ~ He Should Have Told the Bees by Amanda Cox


Beekeeper Beckett Walsh is living her dream, working alongside her father in their apiary, until his untimely death sends her world into a tailspin. She suddenly finds she must deal with a new part owner of the family business--one who is looking to sell the property. Beck cannot fathom why her father would put her into the position to lose everything they built together.

When Callie Peterson is named in the trust of a man she's never heard of, she's not sure what to do. Her fledgling business has just taken wing and her mother has reentered her life asking for help getting into rehab for her lifelong substance abuse issues, making Callie's financial situation rather . . . precarious. She's sure she has no right to someone else's farm, but the money from the sale could solve her problems and give her the stability she's always craved.

As these two women navigate their present conundrum, they will discover a complex and entangled past full of secrets--and the potential for a brighter future for both of them.

______________________________________________________________________________

My Review 4 STARS

I was 100% drawn to the cover since my husband is a beekeeper!

I was hoping for a more upbeat story, and less about the psychology/trauma that shadowed every main character in this story. It is heavy, indeed. Some will find it infinitely appealing, and that’s fine. I’ve read some terrific reviews on the book and can agree with most of what is highlighted. It certainly has its place in literature and will undoubtedly be a conduit or starting place for healing to some. Cox is an excellent writer and brings her counseling experience to the forefront in He Should Have Told the Bees, although I could not figure out why it was titled so. LOL

I’m giving it four stars because I know that psychology this heavily presented doesn’t interest me but I am well aware it does others. So in that, I am biased, but I won’t let it get in the way of recognizing this authors talent in weaving an intricate plot and showing each characters growth. That made it worth reading. If you are a fan of heavy women’s fiction, then I recommend this book to you unabashedly. J

I saw a *trigger* warning in another review and wholeheartedly agree that this book could be a trigger for some women BUT the author goes about these hard topics in a graceful and sensitive manner.

I received a copy from the publisher. My opinion is my own. 

2 comments:

  1. FI came across your review from Carrie's Reading is my Super Power FB page. I agree with you, I don't see any reason for Amazon not to publish your review. It is a good review. Cindy-https://cindysbookcorner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming over and commenting, Cindy! Much appreciated. Amazon is just unexplainable sometimes.

      Delete

I am so delighted that you've taken time to come by and comment. Blessings for a joy-filled day!

1 Corinthians 1:3 ~ Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.