Tuesday, October 1, 2013

All in one...

This post cover several meme's this week because I'm tired and in pain. More at the end on that.

For the Clever Chicks Blog Hop, this is The Boss.
All 22 pullets follow him around the yard. 


The other three cockerels don't stand a chance with those girls or challenge him anymore. He is a good protector of the flock and has enough authority to break up any squabbles!
Nobody messes with him.  


For Tuesday Muse, a photo from my trip to Raleigh in July. 
Echinacea Purpura at JC Raulston Arboretum

And for Rurality Blog Hop (which starts Wednesday) I found this one in the archives.
Another old barn in our area
I'm not sure I like the final edit, but hey, I can always go back and do it again. 
That's the beauty of editing and it's not like I don't have time on my hands, right? :)

Sharing with
Tuesday Muse


The Chicken Chick


SURGERY UPDATE: Appreciate prayers. After basically being bed-ridden for two weeks, if the swelling in my foot is down enough to satisfy the doctor, I will get my cast tomorrow. That has got to be better than this splint and not being able to go anywhere for fear of damaging the work that has been done to my foot. But what do I know. I have had neither before. I just know that the splint is annoying. As the swelling goes down it loosens and twists while I am sleeping, causing it to feel as if a hot poker is being jammed into my new heel :(  The doctor's office has re-wrapped it twice, given us extra padding and showed my husband how to wrap it correctly should I be in agony in the middle of the night, which has happened a several times. Not fun. I'm sorry if I sound like I am whining. Obviously, I am not good with long term pain :)
And I miss spending time outside with my husband and son's in this gorgeous weather, snapping photos, taking care of my chickens, and playing with my grandchildren. 

After typing that pitiful diatribe above, the Lord clearly impressed upon me I need to learn to be content where I am. I need to remember I chose this surgery option so that I can have the hope of walking relatively pain free when the healing is done. I want to always be honest and truthful, not glossing over the pain and despair but always pointing to who I depend upon, who I place my Hope in, and that Christ! He is my constant companion in the darkest of night when the pain is so great. I have spent many hours crying out to him and he has held me fast. He has given me glimpses into what my daughter must have felt like, all those years dependent on others, needing help to the bathroom and with bathing, simply needing someone to carry her drink because she couldn't do it and hold on to the walker with both hands. He is giving me time to ponder and pray. In the midst of my pain, I am gaining a whole new perspective on life!

~Psalm 69:13~

But as for me, my prayer is to you, O Lord.
    At an acceptable time, O God,
    in the abundance of your steadfast love 

answer me in your saving faithfulness.

8 comments:

  1. ja hij nis echt de baas dat mag duidelijk zijn, en nog een hele mooie oude schuur.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Anne ... I am inspired by your courage this morning. And your honesty, too. I'm praying right now that God will give you grace as you walk {in more ways than one} through this pain. And that He would meet you in this difficult season in ways that you might never have received if you were spared this trial.

    Blessings, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I certainly do send healing wishes for you. Your rooster is quite the handsome fellow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. pain is no fun ... hoping your healing continues, but a little faster (!!!). your rooster is the perfect color to celebrate fall!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hang in there and keep praying, Anne! You will get through this. On the other side you will continue to live a full life and appreciate all the blessings you have.

    I like your Rooster! Purple Cone Flowers are so pretty on the prairie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying you will heal quickly. The world looks different when you're in pain. You're allowed to rant and cry out -- I believe God understands. Your rooster is good comic relief I bet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry about your heel causing you pain Anne -- I hope you get your cast and the healing continues. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry to hear you are in pain. I hope it feels better really soon! And I really do like the color in your barn photo. I hope you have a better day today.

    ReplyDelete

I am so delighted that you've taken time to come by and comment. Blessings for a joy-filled day!

1 Corinthians 1:3 ~ Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.