Sunday, June 5, 2011

♥ A Poet's Heart ♥



A Prayer of Self-Examination and Surrender



Oh Lord, You are amazing.

Your power and glory are marvelous;

Your love, mind and ways are pure and true.



I am but a man undeserving of your grace.

I am weak. You are strong.

I am like that of unclean rags. You are pure as the whitest snow.

I am but a worm upon the ground. You are the great I Am.

I am nothing. You are Something.



You came to me in my time of need, oh Lord.

You found me in the wilderness of life; for I was lost.

Oh so lost was I!



I weep with joy for what you have done for me, a sinner, groveling upon the earth;

While you are the Architect of all that was, is and will be.

Truly you are merciful oh God of Jacob to have seen me, with your eyes of holy fire,

skulking in the shadows of sin.



Forgive me of my transgressions, oh Lord God Almighty.

Let me be your slave oh God. Own me Lord Almighty.

Have me serve at your feet, Abba Father.

 

I surrender my all to you; my life, my love, my thoughts,

my heart, my body, and my devotion, God of my life.


 
Amen.


original work by Coan Payne
Please do not copy or redistribute without authors permission(me)

I wanted to share this lovely prayer with y'all today. My son wrote this. He writes poetry almost daily. You can find him here @ http://thepaynefulpoet.blogspot.com/  He's just starting out in the blog world :)
 

              Have a great day in the Lord!


2 comments:

  1. Wow, this is pretty good! It reminded me of hymns and "psalms" written 100s of years ago. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww..Thanks :) He really has a heart for the Lord!

    ReplyDelete

I am so delighted that you've taken time to come by and comment. Blessings for a joy-filled day!

1 Corinthians 1:3 ~ Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.