Friday, March 10, 2017

Review ~ God Glimpses from the Jewelry Box: Becoming Jewels God Can Use by Michelle Cox, John Perrodin


Hardcover, 176 pages
Published December 15th 2016 by Broadstreet Publishing Group, LLC


What is in your jewelry box? A love letter, lock of hair, watch, or safety pin? Did you know that God’s fingerprints—evidence of His presence—can be found there as well? We can uncover some amazing spiritual lessons tucked between our pearls, earrings, and silver bracelets.

Sometimes we act as if God is distant, but God glimpses are present in every aspect of our lives. We just have to look for them. Take a trip through thirty items in a jewelry box and discover encouragement, inspiration, and confirmation that God is so close we can reach out and touch Him.

Be bling for the King. Look for God glimpses in your jewelry box and shine for Jesus.
:::

My Thoughts

I tuck things into my jewelry box that I don’t want to lose. Things I call ‘tiny treasures’. You’ll find snippets of baby hair and a few baby teeth from each of my children (yeah, okay that could be gross but it used to be the thing to do), and even a tiny slip of paper that has genealogy written down so whoever opens it after I’m gone will know where a certain piece of jewelry in our family came from. These things aren’t worth money but they are special to me.

In God Glimpses from the Jewelry Box: Becoming Jewels God Can Use, Michelle Cox uses treasures found in our jewelry box to show us in an ‘everyday kind of way where to find real treasure. Since reading through this devotional, whenever I reach for something in my jewelry box I’m reminded that my greatest treasure isn’t contained inside the little drawers and red velvet folds but it is in Heaven

Matthew 6:19-21  “Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal,  but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal.  For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

This book is a little ‘gem’ in itself. Cox has an astonishing gift for bringing to life things that seem so simple. I found it most encouraging and inspiring. Pick up a copy today and see what treasure abides within. 

I appreciate the author and publisher sending me a copy of this book to review. I was not required to write a positive review, only my honest opinion of the book. No compensation has been received.

You can read more about Michelle Cox and access purchase links by visiting God Glimpses @ http://godglimpses.com/

3 comments:

  1. This sounds like a "Gem" of Book for certain.
    I will have to look for it and add it to my library.
    Thank you for sharing, Anne.

    Praying all is well with you~~
    Love and Hugs~ Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a GREAT book! Thanks for the review.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Debbie and Rainey! I'm so sorry it took me this long to respond to your comments. Time slipped away from me...somehow. I know y'all never have that happen. ;) It's a great devotional and Michelle is wonderful writer! I truly love how she sees and applies every day living with a Christian application.
    Thanks for visiting! I appreciate you both, dear friends! {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete

I am so delighted that you've taken time to come by and comment. Blessings for a joy-filled day!

1 Corinthians 1:3 ~ Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.