Sunday, September 23, 2018

Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!


**Lavender and brick makes a perfect backdrop for this inspirational graphic inspired by the hymn Great is Thy Faithfulness. It was written by Thomas Obadiah Chisholm and published in 1923. I marvel at the timeless truths that are embodied within this hymn and wonder if Thomas had any idea when he wrote it that it would still be such a powerful verse 90 years later.

“Great is Thy faithfulness,” O God my Father,
There is no shadow of turning with Thee;
Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not
As Thou hast been Thou forever wilt be.

“Great is Thy faithfulness!” “Great is Thy faithfulness!“
  Morning by morning new mercies I see;
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided—
    “Great is Thy faithfulness,” Lord, unto me!

Summer and winter, and springtime and harvest,
Sun, moon and stars in their courses above,
Join with all nature in manifold witness
To Thy great faithfulness, mercy and love.

Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth,
Thy own dear presence to cheer and to guide;
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow,
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside!


As I contemplate the majesty of the Lord displayed in creation and conveyed in this hymn, I stop and soak in His presence. Singing these words penned so long ago brings me peace; He is strength for my weary and grief stricken soul. Each day I arise, His mercies are new. I worship Him, for He is my Rock, my Fortress, and my Lord!

**This was an excerpt from a guest post on June 13, 2013. You can read the full post here ---> @ https://theenchantingrose.blogspot.com/2013/06/guest-post-anne-from-stuff-nonsense.html

~Have a blessed day~


2 comments:

  1. "He is strength for my weary and grief stricken soul" boy that hit my very I own heart.
    Anne, thank you for sharing this with us, God knew I needed it. ♡

    Bless you ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie, Isn't it wonderful how these hymns are timeless and speak to us still today? Often my heart is encouraged and uplifted when I read or sing them. Much love to you, friend. I'm glad you stopped by! I do apologise for taking so long to respond. I didn't get a notification there was a comment. 😢

      Delete

I am so delighted that you've taken time to come by and comment. Blessings for a joy-filled day!

1 Corinthians 1:3 ~ Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.