Friday, September 7, 2018

Review ~ The Patriot Bride (Daughters of the Mayflower #4) by Kimberley Woodhouse



Paperback, 256 pages
Published August 1st 2018 by Barbour Books

About the Book
Faith Jackson and Matthew Weber are both working covertly to aid the Patriot cause. But will they be willing to sacrifice all for their fledgling country?

Spies Work Together for the Patriot Cause
Faith Jackson is a wealthy widow, friend of George Washington, and staunch supporter of the Patriot cause. Matthew Weber is friends with both Ben Franklin and his son William, who increasingly differ in their political views; and Matthew finds himself privy to information on both sides of the conflict. When a message needs to get to a spy among the Loyalists, Faith bravely steps up and in turn meets Matthew Weber. Suddenly she believes she could love again. But someone else has his eye on the Faith she portrays in elite social circles. What will Matthew and Faith have to sacrifice for the sake of their fledgling country?
Purchase Link:

My Review
4.5 STARS!!!

Woodhouse brings a touching story in The Patriot Bride. I was completely enamored from the beginning. There are so many great elements in this story and Woodhouse’s incorporation of two of our country’s greatest founders is brilliant. Just imagining George Washington and Benjamin Franklin in this setting, hearing their thoughts and feelings added an incredible depth to the story for me. I adored Washington’s relationship with Faith, especially the prologue that had me chuckling and then tearing up. And Franklin’s friendship with Matthew was such a delight.

The author excels at putting readers smack dab in the middle of the fray. Every moment Faith and Matthew had to meet in secret was thrilling and dangerous. And the villain…Woodhouse wrote a certified crackpot!  There is plenty of intrigue and danger, with the right amount of romance woven among this moving historical to make it a must-read. If you’re a fan of history, I think you’ll enjoy this book. And I even read the author notes in the back and learned a thing or two.
I was provided a print copy from the publisher. No review was required. No compensation has been received. 


4 comments:

  1. This is one series that I really want to read. This book really sounds good. So may books in my TBR pile and so little time! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joy, I know how you feel! Summer played havoc on my reading schedule and I am way behind.

      Delete
  2. I'm not much for Historical Fiction. I prefer modern day stories but I must say you made the book sound interesting and it's always fun to find a good read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ida, I was pleasantly surprised by how much I've enjoyed this series. They are all stand-alone titles but I am glad I've been reading them in order. I hope you enjoy the book if you decide to read it. Sorry it took me so long to respond. Somehow I missed both yours and Joy's comment.

      Delete

I am so delighted that you've taken time to come by and comment. Blessings for a joy-filled day!

1 Corinthians 1:3 ~ Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.