Monday, December 3, 2018

Catching up and...A Caffeine Conundrum by Angela Ruth Strong

The calendar is beginning to fill up with gatherings and I need some downtime to get some housework, cooking, and decorating done. I don't want to feel all frazzled during Advent. That is not what it is about. I want time to focus on the Lord and my family and church. 

From Bold Radio KBLD 91.7
I'm participating (although it's not an official sign-up or anything) in reading a chapter a day in the book of Luke and also a Scripture writing plan for December from 


 She also provides one in Spanish so please visit Sweet Blessings. It's not too late to start!

Of course, it's always fun and relaxing to snuggle in with a cup of hot cocoa or tea and watch TV or read. I've seen a few Christmas movies so far but none that stand out as original. But...as far as reading goes, I just had to share this book. It's called...

A Caffeine Conundrum by Angela Ruth Strong
5 STARS!!!

I’m selective on the books I purchase but I kept hearing about this one. I snagged a Kindle copy and I am delighted I did. A Caffeine Conundrum is funny!!! Marissa and Tandy are two of the zaniest characters I’ve had the pleasure of reading in a long time. Marissa’s antics and Tandy’s thoughts kept me entertained and laughing almost the whole time. Two women—one loves tea, one loves coffee—start out as business rivals. I mean…Come.On! How are they ever going to get along?? 😂

Their journey to becoming friends is nothing less than pure ingenuity on Strong’s part. She has brought a whole new dynamic to this contemporary genre of cozy mystery.

If you're looking for a good read this Christmas season, grab a copy! You won't regret it. 



I'll be popping in and out with other tidbits through the month but this week will be several books and then I am done with reviewing until next year! Whew!!

Any yummy baked goods happening in your home this week? Special gatherings with friends and/or family? Are you participating in either of the activities I mentioned concerning Advent? I would love to know how you prepare to celebrate the birth of our Lord and Saviour Jesus, the Messiah! 

Micah 5:2 

But you, O Bethlehem Ephrathah,
    who are too little to be among the clans of Judah,
from you shall come forth for me
    one who is to be ruler in Israel,
whose coming forth is from of old,
    from ancient days.


4 comments:

  1. I love the idea of reading a chapter a day in Luke...I think I might have to join you :)

    And oh, the book sounds delightful! I always appreciate your reviews so if you liked this one than I know I will, too.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've enjoyed contemplating the chapter and not rushing through it. It's amazing how much there is to still learn even though I've read it many times! :-)
      I'll email you about the book. {{hugs}}

      Delete
    2. Hello Anne

      What a lovely blog you have.

      I'm going to enjoy reading through some of it this evening.

      And I'm with you.. trying to keep the season focused on Jesus and peace.

      God bless you

      Shirley

      Delete
    3. Hey Shirley, Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting. I hope you're having a wonderful weekend and staying warm. :)

      Delete

I am so delighted that you've taken time to come by and comment. Blessings for a joy-filled day!

1 Corinthians 1:3 ~ Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.