Monday, December 17, 2018

Three Quick Reads I Enjoyed

Good day to all!! My husband was out of town last week and I had some extra time on my hands in the evenings. I thought I would share three books I read while he was gone. Two are definitely Christmas themed and any of the three can be read in just a couple of hours or less.


My Thoughts
5 STARS!!!

Up on the Housetop is a fast-paced contemporary novella (or really short novel) that has just the right amount of fun, drama, and romance. I got it free on Kindle and I'm glad I did. It's my first Liz Isaacson book but won't be my last. I like her writing style.


My Thoughts
4.5 STARS!!!
 
Crandall sure knows how to write a spellbinding romance. I devoured this novella in just a couple of hours. I don't think readers will have trouble sorting out the characters from the previous books. If you haven't read them, I would highly encourage starting with The Hesitant Heiress, which introduces the Everstone family. I read that one when it debuted and really liked it. My only hesitation continuing the series was the fact they are written in first person POV and I struggle with that form. Hence, I now need to go back and read the other books because it didn't take me long to get my bearings with Enchanting Nicholette, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I was gifted a copy of the book from the author and publisher. No review was required. No compensation was received.



My Thoughts
5 STARS!!!

I loved it!!!
 Mistletoe Kiss is a cute and witty Christmas story for under a buck on Kindle!



For Advent, I've been reading a chapter a day from the book of Luke. With 24 chapters, when I finish the book on Christmas Eve, I will have read Jesus' life story. Doing it this way has given me time to meditate on God's Word and I find myself having quite a few ah-ha moments. 
  
Do you have any recommended reads for Christmas? Or how about for Advent?



6 comments:

  1. I recently discovered Liz Isaacson and I have been on a binge of her books since! I haven't read Up on the Housetop yet, but I will! LOL

    I will be looking up the other two books. They sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad to hear her other books are great too! Dawn has several books out and they are ALL connected! Which is totally cool!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you, Andrea!!! I was delighted with the story. :-)

      Delete
  3. Hi Anne! Always fun to read your reviews, and to put on my wish list some books for when I have time to sit and read :) Christmas blessings to you sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marilyn! I hope you have a great Christmas!!! :-)

      Delete

I am so delighted that you've taken time to come by and comment. Blessings for a joy-filled day!

1 Corinthians 1:3 ~ Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.