Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Review ~ The House at the End of the Moor by Michelle Griep

Paperback320 pages
Published April 1st 2020 by Shiloh Run Press



What Can a London Opera Star and an Escaped Dartmoor Prisoner Have in Common?
 
Opera star Maggie Lee escapes her opulent lifestyle when threatened by a powerful politician who aims to ruin her life. She runs off to the wilds of the moors to live in anonymity. All that changes the day she discovers a half-dead man near her house. Escaped convict Oliver Ward is on the run to prove his innocence, until he gets hurt and is taken in by Maggie. He discovers some jewels in her possession—the very same jewels that got him convicted. Together they hatch a plan to return the jewels, clearing Oliver’s name and hopefully maintaining Maggie’s anonymity.




My Review

3.5 stars

How can we ask God to show justice in the world when while willfully nursing our own hidden prejudices, selfishness, lusts, greed...our own broken relationships?

Griep's talent in writing Gothic romance is well-known. The House at the End of the Moor is an easy read and one that many will enjoy. I'm a huge fan of the author but I struggled with the alternating chapters in first person POV. That being said, Maggie and Oliver have quite an adventure. Their story is filled with danger, mystery, hard truths, and romance. I recommend it to fans of historical fiction.

I received a review copy from the author and publisher. No review was required. No compensation received.


2 comments:

  1. After I read your review I ordered this book and am looking forward to reading it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know, Lydia! I hope you enjoy it.

      Delete

I am so delighted that you've taken time to come by and comment. Blessings for a joy-filled day!

1 Corinthians 1:3 ~ Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.