Friday, April 3, 2020

Review ~ Peace in the Storms of Life: Devotional Encouragement for Women by Julie Rayburn


Hardcover256 pages
Published March 1st 2020 by Barbour Books



God’s Word Is an Anchor in Life’s Storms
 
These 125 heartfelt devotional readings will challenge you to dive deep into God’s Word to find the strength and peace you need amid the storms of life.
 
Your Father God is ever-present, even in the deepest valleys, and His hope is available to those who seek it. This book will encourage and inspire through any circumstance when you allow your heart to be transformed as you apply God’s truth in real-life situations. As you consider questions for further thought, you’ll be drawn deeper into the heart of God.
 
This lovely book is perfect for personal use or as a heartfelt gift for a friend going through hard times. 


Butterfly, Wisteria, Insect, Nature, Spring

My Review
4 STARS!!!

Have you ever felt like the waves of life are crashing over you?

That first line is apropos in these scary times, is it not? Peace in the Storms of Life arrived on my doorstep at the perfect time! Wrapped in a lovely Wisteria watercolor style hardcover, each of these 125 short devotionals is practical, hopeful, and encouraging. I love how the author speaks as if she is sharing tidbits of wisdom over a shared meal or coffee/tea time. I’m reminded as I read them that in all things we can trust in the One who knows us and loves us better than anyone. If you’re stressed or worried or anxious, this would be a wonderful addition to your time spent studying God’s Word. There is a gentleness that comes across in each devotion that is soothing to the soul.

I received a copy from the publisher and was under no obligation to write a review.



6 comments:

  1. Thank you for your review, Anne. I’ll be looking for this book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Patti! I hope you enjoy it. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. Much appreciated!!

      Delete
  2. The cover alone would send me towards this book. Thank you for the review Anne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our tastes are much the same, my friend! It was the cover that first drew me in. :-) Love & prayers!!!

      Delete
  3. Anne, I have just ordered it from amazon and look forward to browsing it slowly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great!!! I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.

      Delete

I am so delighted that you've taken time to come by and comment. Blessings for a joy-filled day!

1 Corinthians 1:3 ~ Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.