Saturday, May 23, 2020

Guest Review -- Standoff (Natchez Trace Park Rangers #1) by Patricia Bradley

Rebecca and I would like to welcome fellow bibliophile Rachael Farnsworth-Merritt to the blog today! Rachael is a seasoned book reviewer who had a technological snafu on her popular blog, RachsRamblings. Technology can be a pain sometimes but we are delighted to host Rachael today. 
Be sure and say hello in the comments! :-)

53144814. sx318 sy475
Paperback400 pages
Published May 5th 2020 by Fleming H. Revell Company 

Brooke Danvers wants to learn the truth about her father's suspicious death, but she'll need the help of Luke Fereday--a National Park Ranger and her ex-boyfriend. Keeping Brooke safe will take all of Luke's skills, and falling in love with her will only complicate matters.



Rachael's Review
4 STARS!!!

I really liked the main characters in this new novel by Patricia Bradley. Brooke and Luke were both well done. There are many secondary characters, and I admit to being a bit confused at times as a result. I liked the main storyline and the suspense...though it felt a bit too fast paced at times to keep up. I do prefer that to a book that really drags, though.

The plot was a good one, and over all I enjoyed the storyline. It had a little bit of a faith theme which I’m always looking for in Christian Fiction. I really felt it could have been stronger with the subject matter in the book.

I also liked that I was right in the “whodunit” question. There are several storylines to follow so the reader doesn’t get bored.

There is a lot that goes on in this first book of the series, and much is learned about the two main characters. There is a back history, surprises to the characters that aren’t part of the suspense plot. The author does a good job of creating depth to the characters.

It was a well done suspense, and I am looking forward to the next books in the series

I received this book from the publisher. All opinions are my own.




Rachael Farnsworth-Merritt is a homemaker, wife, mother, homeschooler, and disciple of Christ who enjoys crafting, simple money saving tips, and loves farm life. She is also an avid book reviewer and blogger. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so delighted that you've taken time to come by and comment. Blessings for a joy-filled day!

1 Corinthians 1:3 ~ Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.