Friday, May 15, 2020

It's a Beautiful Day!!!

It's a glorious spring morning here in coastal VA!! 

A perfect time to stroll around the yard and then do some porch sittin' :-)

This is Leland (literally)  
He sports a red, white, and blue star as a tribute to being a military family




Ajuga going strong and continuing to spread!


The Verbena is still showing off!


My new Knockout Rose had to be staked after a severe windstorm last week.


These Lilies are going to be beautiful when they bloom.


Two light pink Knockout Rose bushes grace the side of the house just underneath the porch area.


They're very prolific and show off these gorgeous pink blooms!!



Beauty!!!




I plant something different in the wagon each year. 
Marigolds are sure eye-catching but I'm not happy with how short they are.


Definitely not a good picture but I've been watching the birds 
and this Cardinal doesn't usually appear except in the early morning and late evening.


Yard flowers in the vase (and a snipped darker rose from my neighbor), 
a Kalanchoe plant and an air plant I bought myself for Mother's Day. 
That's how it rolls around here 


I removed several planters to minimize cleaning. 
The Bridal Wreath is huge and makes a nice shelter for my girl holding a little birdie. 






I hope you're finding simple joys in life during these difficult times! I find that spending time reading God's Word and praying, while I enjoy our little slice of heaven here at home, goes a long way to bringing calm and serenity to my day.

Numbers 6:24-26 (NIV)

“‘“The Lord bless you
    and keep you;
 the Lord make his face shine on you
    and be gracious to you;

the Lord turn his face toward you

    and give you peace.”’



8 comments:

  1. Thanks for this lovely post dear Anne. Love your pink knockout roses and the baby's breath. Enjoy all of the beauty surrounding you and may joy and peace flow through you ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rainey!!! I am always inspired by your beautiful niche in paradise! :-)

      Delete
  2. So lovely to see a post about you and your garden! You have some very pretty things growing, especially the roses. Do you know the name of the pink one? And how delightful the little girl statue is under the Bridal Wreath.
    All very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Barbara, Thank you! I've sort of lost my mojo when it comes to blogging. Hopefully, I'll find some inspiration to make more interesting posts. I'm not sure of the name of the pink rose other than they're Knock Outs. They were here when we bought the house. When I saw the statue, I knew I had to have it. :-) {{hugs}}

      Delete
  3. Gardens and flowers are so joyeous!!! I just LOVE this time of year with new beginnings and new blooms and promises for the summer. Loved your post! Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marilyn! Spring and Autumn are my favorite times of year. I'm not a great gardener but I try :-)

      Delete
  4. Your flowers all look so pretty. I love the wagon with the marigold flowers. Have a nice week and thanks for the blog visit on the meatballs I made.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Julie, I snagged the wagon out of someone's trash pile and my husband made a wooden handle for it. Re-purpose 101 :-) Thanks for visiting!

      Delete

I am so delighted that you've taken time to come by and comment. Blessings for a joy-filled day!

1 Corinthians 1:3 ~ Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.