Friday, July 24, 2020

Gentle Reminder

There seems to be so many loud and often times angry voices about masks and when I saw this graphic on FB yesterday, I knew it needed to be shared. 

Image may contain: text
Image/Graphic -- I am not taking any credit for this image. It was shared on Facebook.

I understand there are people who are immuno-compromised and it's risky for them to go out. But please put a little more thought into why someone might not be wearing a mask and stop saying they are being selfish and/or don't love others. And certainly stop calling into question someone's Christianity because they choose not wear a mask. That's just plain judgmental. Here's a really good article on that at JenniferRichmond.com.


I will be meditating on the following verses and asking the Lord to calm all our anxieties, thereby bringing His peace to our hearts. 

John 16:33
“I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”

Psalm 4:8
“In peace I will both lie down and sleep; for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety.”

Daniel 10:19
“And he said, ‘O man greatly loved, fear not, peace be with you; be strong and of good courage.' And as he spoke to me, I was strengthened and said, 'Let my lord speak, for you have strengthened me.’ ”

Isaiah 53:5
“But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed.”

John 14:27
“Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.”



6 comments:

  1. Thank you for this. I cannot wear a mask. But I don't feel hostile towards anyone that chooses to wear one. We are in danger of becoming a dictating culture, making everyone conform to what someone else thinks is a norm. Previous to this we all had a live and let live attitude. Now people are aggressively and militantly policing others. We still have refuge at home. where many people are choosing to stay and place orders for their needs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually the hostility (angry or judgmental words) is coming from the reverse. Our society is sure changing, and not for the better. I'm doing my best to stay level-headed and seeking the Lord's wisdom over mans, and stay home as much as possible. Blessings Lydia!

      Delete
  2. You are right Anne. It is easy to make a swift judgment and be quite wrong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just needs to be recognized that trauma–the unseen kind–is a viable reason not to wear a mask. And it violates privacy to ask someone why they aren't wearing one. I'd like to see more sensitivity all the way around. I don't know about in Truro but here in the US tensions are so high over several things. It's rather uncomfortable to even have conversations sometimes.

      Delete
  3. Thank you. - I'm wearing a mask even though it is really hard for me due to being an Asthmatic. I just couldn't deal with how nasty people were about it. I know people say, "Well you could stay home and get someone else to shop for you or do curbside etc..." but seriously I use to enjoy shopping and sometimes it's the only place I get to go to and now it's been made a place where I don't feel safe unless I have that mask on. So I suffer and hurry through my shopping so I can get back out and breath again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Ida, I am so very sorry you experienced that. It's one of the reasons I felt compelled to post this. It's not right in any way, shape, or form that you should feel frightened to not wear a mask. I will be praying for you.

      Delete

I am so delighted that you've taken time to come by and comment. Blessings for a joy-filled day!

1 Corinthians 1:3 ~ Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.