Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Anne's Top Reads 2020

2020 has been a beast of a year in more ways than one. But there have been many blessings too. Some days it seems hard to see them (right?) but when we are faithful followers of the Lord Jesus Christ, we know in our hearts we are blessed. 

I want to share some really great books I read this year. I'd set a goal on Goodreads of 30 books and I actually read 70 books—physical, electronic, and audio. I read more than that but these are the ones I 'officially' logged for the challenge. 😉

My Top Reads are all 5 STAR books! 

A few of the books may not have been published in 2020 and some were gifts from friends.

Top Ten Eleven Reads 2020 

(in no particular order)

The Best We’veBeen (Thatcher Sisters 3) by Beth Vogt


Like Flames in the Night (Cities of Refuge 4) by Connilyn Cossette


*The Lost Lieutenant (Serendipity & Secrets 1) by Erica Vetsch


On Wings of Devotion (The Codebreakers 2) by Roseanna White


At Love’sCommand (Hanger’s Horsemen 1) by Karen Witemeyer


*The Express Bride (the Daughters of the Mayflower #9) by Kimberley Woodhouse


*Just Let Go (Harbor Pointe 2) by Courtney Walsh


A Dazzle of Diamonds (Georgia Coast Romance) by Liz Johnson


**Once Upon a Christmas: Inspirational Romance (The Christmas Card Series Book 3) by Amanda Tru


The Haunting at Bonaventure Circus by 

*End Game (Capital Intrigue #1) by 

 

 Honorable Mentions
Parish Orphans of Devon series by Mimi Matthews…ALL of them on audio!!!
Whatever Happens Next (Everyday Love 4) by Jaycee Weaver
Miss Fanshawe's Fortune (The Brides of Mayfair #2) by Linore Rose Burkard 
The Red Ribbon by Pepper Basham
Bride by Blackmail (Moonlight & Magnolia 1) by Debbie Lynne Costello

Stay with Me (A Misty River Romance 1) by Becky Wade


Did you read any of these books this year? Or maybe you have some favorites you'd like to share in the comments. 




* Gift from friend
** Borrowed on KU (Kindle Unlimited)


13 comments:

  1. You have some of mine on your list! I love that we love reading! Will be so nice to maybe see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice~ congratulations to all the of the authors who're here or just missed the list. There are many! And it's so cool to see some of the same books on so many lists!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are soooo many good books in CF!!! I'm a slow reader so I never get to read all the ones I'd like to read. And it's tough choosing anytime. Out of all the books I 'logged' on GR there was only one I didn't like.

      Delete
  3. Great list, Anne! I also loved:
    The Haunting at Bonaventure Circus
    Dazzle of Diamonds
    Stay with Me
    An Uncommon Woman (Laura Frantz)
    The Love Note (Joanna Davidson Politano)
    Mountain Laurel (Lori Benton)
    Dead End (Nancy Mehl)
    Dogwood Plantation (Carrie F. Pagels)
    Timeless Treasure (MaryLu Tyndall)
    Mercy's Refuge (Rita Gerlach)

    And more....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes...there are ALWAYS more!!! LOL

      Delete
    2. Oh, I forgot If For Any Reason by Courtney Walsh! One of my faves!

      Delete
    3. I have that one on my Kindle but haven't read it yet. Glad to hear it is a good one!

      Delete
  4. I love this list . . . such a great variety of reads . . . and I love seeing The Red Ribbon and At Love's Command on here . . . they would have definitely made a "just a few more favorites" list if I had added that category. They're both books that I will read multiple times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved your list! You read so many more books than I do. The Gentleman Spy probably would have made it on my list except I haven't snagged a copy yet. But I absolutely adore Vetch's books!!!

      Delete
  5. I always enjoy your book lists and reviews, Anne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I hope you're able to snag some of them across the pond. I can't believe Amazon is so different over there sometimes. If I had to choose one book to recommend for you, my friend, it would be Amanda Tru's Once Upon a Christmas. Of course, I am always up for a Christmas themed book anytime of year. :-) {{hugs}}

      Delete

I am so delighted that you've taken time to come by and comment. Blessings for a joy-filled day!

1 Corinthians 1:3 ~ Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.