Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Flowers Lift the Spirit!

I absolutely LOVE these Lenten Roses!!! 


A friend of mine gave me a small clump a few years ago and now they're blooming like crazy. They grow best in a raised bed out back so when I saw them blooming yesterday, I cut them and brought them in to enjoy. 

I actually forget about them being out there because of the location. My husband spotted them when he went to get me a few rocks for an aquarium project. I'm so glad he told me they were blooming!

Sadly, they're a might droopy today so I did some online reading and found out they make terrible cut flowers. The wilting occurs within 24 hours! *sniff *sniff

They were beautiful for a day and brought much enjoyment to my heart. The Lord knew I needed that. 

Our grandson had a rough week last week but is doing much better today. We trust there is a deeper work our Father is doing, even though it is unseen to our eyes. 

Many days I've felt like the Lenten Roses look today—wilted. But I know some of y'all must be praying for me because the sadness doesn't last long when it happens so thank you for your prayers!

I'm definitely going to buy fresh flowers at the grocer this week though. They just brighten everything up and make me smile. 

Do you buy fresh flowers for your home or office? If so, what are your favorites for longevity? 











5 comments:

  1. Anne, try cutting the heads and floating them in a shallow bowl. That way they will last.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so pretty! I've never heard of Lenton Roses! Do they have the yummy smell that most roses do? You are lucky to have flowers this early. Here in central Oregon it's cold and still nights in the 20's. No color yet in this town, not even daffodils! I drive around and keep looking for a little bit of color to brighten my day. I hardly ever put cut flowers in my house.. just don't have that many in the yard that are good for cutting, and any blooms there are, I like to see outside when I sit out in the nice weather. I may bring in a few of my peach colored roses when they are blooming though, as they smell simply Heavenly! Have a nice week! Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Marilyn, They do not have the same fragrance at all. I've enjoyed them because they bloom in late winter when it's still cold here. Since the front is where the screened porch is (can't sit outside without one because of mosquitos and biting flies) I have to cut the Roses and any other flowers that bloom in order to actually see them! One day maybe we'll build outback but not anytime soon. I have three or four other Rose bushes and I try to cut them and bring them in for the aroma! Heavenly like you say. :-) Have a lovely weekend!!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I am so delighted that you've taken time to come by and comment. Blessings for a joy-filled day!

1 Corinthians 1:3 ~ Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.