Sunday, March 21, 2021

Review ~ Sword of Trust (Winds of Change2) by Debbie Lynne Costello


I'm so excited to announce that on Tuesday, March 22nd, I will have an interview with the two main characters from Sword of Trust!!! 

It was originally scheduled for today but I had to postpone. I sure hope you'll come back because not only will you get a little glimpse into Bryce and Deirdre, but there will be a giveaway involved as well!!

I really enjoyed this medieval novel and share my review below. 

If you haven't read it, it's available on Amazon. 


*I'm not affiliated with Amazon. Link is provided as a courtesy only.


My Review ~ 4.5 STARS!!!

Sword of Trust (Winds of Change 2) by Debbie Lynne Costello

“There comes a point when a man must stand up for what he knows is right regardless of whether it goes against his king.”

Sword of Trust is the long-awaited second book in the Winds of Change series and it was worth the wait! Medieval is not my era of expertise but I was completely and utterly fascinated by the landscape, characters, and history displayed. It was an age of inconceivable brutality and Costello does not shrink back from that reality, yet with subtle words engaged this reader to the point that I was rather antsy when I had to put the book down.

I found much depth to Bryce and Deirdre and many others, loving them each for their unique qualities. Faith struggles are on prominent display as well, and hope brought about in a natural way that was quite encouraging. There is one character that stands out robustly in my mind and I sure hope *he gets his story someday because what a story it would be. 

*whispers to the author “Michael, Michael” LOL

If you have not read the first book, Sword of Forgiveness, I recommend doing so as I think it will add context and depth to this one. I highly recommend Sword of Trust! I received an ARC from the author and also purchased a personal copy. No compensation received.



9 comments:

  1. Thanks for having me on here, TWICE, Anne!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's an amazing author. Love her books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a sucker for a good medieval story! I'll have to check these out!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sonja! And than you, Anne!
      Becca!! I am with you on that! I not only enjoy writing medieval, I love to read it as well!

      Delete
  4. Love Debbie Lynne's stories!

    Shared your review on Pinterest and Facebook.

    ReplyDelete

I am so delighted that you've taken time to come by and comment. Blessings for a joy-filled day!

1 Corinthians 1:3 ~ Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.