Tuesday, December 3, 2013

It's Christmas time in the country...

My oldest grandson spent the weekend with us so he could help decorate the Christmas tree.
There's nothing like seeing it through young eyes to bring on the excitement of the 
season and talking about Jesus and his miraculous birth! We enjoyed hot cups of cocoa 
and beautiful Christmas music while he sorted through ornaments and hung them on the tree.


He took his job very seriously and was extremely careful with each one, 
finding just the right spot to hang them. 

I am trying to figure out some of the settings on my camera 
so I can get some closeup shots of a few of the ornaments 
but it is giving me a fit! I have upset a setting somewhere, I do believe. 
Otherwise, those Poinsettia lights would be red and not pink! 
They really are very pretty. 

As this month goes along, I will be having some guests over, 
sharing favorite Christmas memories. 
I hope you'll join us and share some of your own!

Until then...

Have a blessed day in the Lord!


13 comments:

  1. Anne, I am so hoping that you have received your ornament by now. It was posted o 18th Nov.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He did a great job and what a sweet, sweet picture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carol! He is just an adorable little man :) Thanks for coming by today.

      Delete
  3. Your blog is beautiful, dear Anne :) And your grandson is just too precious! How fun to decorate the Christmas tree with him - precious memories. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww...Thanks, Stephanie! I wanted to make a new header from my own photos but since we haven't had any winter weather that was a bust. And my camera is giving me fits with the color right now so I went with a stock image. BUT I saw your new design first and love it!!! That's where I got my idea.

      Delete
  4. What a sweet photo of your grandson! And so sweet that he was so careful with the decorating. Seeing Christmas through a child's eyes is indeed a blessing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your little grandson is so cute trimming the tree! Christmas Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your tree is gorgeous but how could it not be with such a cutie helping!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your tree is gorgeous and your grandson did an amazing job! We put our tree up last night and I was only able to get a few of the ornaments up. My boys wanted to do all of them their way. And they did an amazing job too! Yes, it's so special to watch our children's faces and glimmering eyes as they place each one of their special ornaments up.... such a joyous site.

    Thank you so much for sharing and it think the Poinsettia's are pretty!

    Blessings to you,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable photo ~ hope this is your Xmas card to send snailmail if you do so ~ lovely ~ thanks, carol, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. so fun watching him decorate , i messed my camera up when i first got it, and if you look in your book, it will tell you how to set it back to default, or pull up menu in your camera and go through everything until you find, reset to default. that is what i had to do

    ReplyDelete

I am so delighted that you've taken time to come by and comment. Blessings for a joy-filled day!

1 Corinthians 1:3 ~ Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.