Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Review ~ The Curse of Misty Wayfair by Jaime Jo Wright


Paperback352 pages
Expected publication: January 22nd 2019 by Bethany House Publishers

About the Story

Left at an orphanage as a child, Thea Reed vowed to find her mother someday. Now grown, her search takes her to Pleasant Valley, Wisconsin, in 1908. When clues lead her to a mental asylum, Thea uses her experience as a post-mortem photographer to gain access and assist groundskeeper Simeon Coyle in photographing the patients and uncovering the secrets within. However, she never expected her personal quest would reawaken the legend of Misty Wayfair, a murdered woman who allegedly haunts the area and whose appearance portends death.

A century later, Heidi Lane receives a troubling letter from her mother--who is battling dementia--compelling her to travel to Pleasant Valley for answers to her own questions of identity. When she catches sight of a ghostly woman who haunts the asylum ruins in the woods, the long-standing story of Misty Wayfair returns--and with it, Heidi's fear for her own life.
As two women across time seek answers about their identities and heritage, can they overcome the threat of the mysterious curse that has them inextricably intertwined?

Purchase Link:



My Review
5 STARS!!!

The Curse of Misty Wayfair is a shoo-in for my Top Ten in 2019 already! Wright wove just the right amount of creep factor in this ‘ghostly’ tale of lies, loves, and the living to keep me glued to the pages. My heart rate stayed elevated pretty much the whole time. Reluctantly, I admit to a bit of anxiety as I read along because the intrigue is of mountainous proportions but I simply couldn’t put the book down.

It has taken me over a week to process my thoughts about the story and the most revelatory conclusion I came to (not sure if anyone else has or will) is that the course of a family’s future can be dramatically changed from one seemingly innocuous lie. 
But then no lie is really innocuous, is it?

I marked some great passages for quotes and this is one that really struck me as true.

“That while the past—the consequences of the past—might have a dire effect on me, it still doesn’t change who I am. We weren’t created to find our identity in life. We were created to discover our Creator. In doing so, our identity is defined.” 
~Simeon Coyle, The Curse of Misty Wayfair, 306

Jaime Jo Wright continues to wow the literary world with her astonishingly enigmatic  time-slip stories.  She is a virtuoso at composing suspense resonating with hope and healing that can only come from the One who is the original Master Writer.

I received a copy from the publisher. No review was required. No compensation was received.



**Stuff & Nonsense (nor owner of said blog) is not affiliated in any way with CBD. 
Link is provided as a courtesy only.


2 comments:

  1. Ooooh, I MUST get this book! I have "The House on Foster Hill" by Jaime and I loved it so I have an idea I will enjoy this book as well :) Thanks for the great review, my friend.

    Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad to hear we love Jaime's books! One more thing to be kindred spirits in. :-) {{hugs}}

      Delete

I am so delighted that you've taken time to come by and comment. Blessings for a joy-filled day!

1 Corinthians 1:3 ~ Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.