Monday, October 28, 2019

Review ~ Once Upon a Dickens Christmas: 3 Charming Christmas Tales Set in Victorian England by Michelle Griep




Three Delightful Christmas Tales from Beloved Storyteller Michelle Griep


Pour yourself a cuppa, get lost in the merriment of the season, and enjoy a Dickensian Christmas in three stories from fan favorite Michelle Griep:

12 Days a Bleakly Manor: Brought together under mysterious circumstances, Clara and Ben discover that what they’ve been striving for isn’t what ultimately matters. What matters most is what Christmas is all about . . . love.

A Tale of Two Hearts: Pleasure seeker William Barlow needs a wife immediately to gain his uncle’s inheritance, and Mina Scott is just the girl to make him look respectable—too bad she turns him down. Ought he give her a second chance?

The Old Lace Shop: Recently widowed Bella White is finally freed from the domination of the overbearing men in her life, but when she enters into a business partnership with the handsome Edmund Archer, she begins to wonder if marriage is worth a second chance.

Purchase:
CBD

I am in no way affiliated with any vendors. Links are provided as a courtesy only.




My Review
4 STARS!!!

"I may be uneducated in the ways of business, but there is one thing I know. Either your faith will move mountains, or your doubt will create them." 
~Bella, The Old Lace Shop

Griep does a good job depicting Victorian era locales; homes, businesses, countryside. I could 'see' the finery and manners, or lack thereof, of each character. Scruffy and dirty and/or neat and tidy, they all came alive in my mind. Each story is full of drama, mystery, romance, and human condition. Grab a copy of this illuminating trio and settle in for a few hours of Dickensian delight!

I received a copy from the publisher and author. No review was required. No compensation received.



6 comments:

  1. I enjoy Michelle's books! I'm looking forward to reading this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Caryl, I think you'll enjoy these stories. I always like a collection like this, especially from a favorite author. Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't these great stories?! I loved the second one, when the pair "pretended" to be in love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I liked them all (had previously read the first two) but I did especially like the new addition, The Old Lace Shop.

      Delete
  4. Ooooh, I was so happy to read your review because I just purchased this book to read during the Christmas season and it will arrive next week. Thank you for sharing your lovely thoughts, my friend.

    It was truly a delight to pop in for a visit. I have missed you! Thinking of you and sending love your way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Stephanie!!! I'm so happy to 'see' you! I've missed you too, my friend. Before you buy anymore books, you should send me an email to see if I have it. I'm happy to share books! ;)

      Delete

I am so delighted that you've taken time to come by and comment. Blessings for a joy-filled day!

1 Corinthians 1:3 ~ Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.