Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Review ~ A Feeling of Home | Redemption’s Light 3 | Susan Anne Mason


Bethany House Publishers
July 1, 2022

Within months, Isabelle Wardrop lost her parents, her fortune, and her home. With no options, she is forced to accept help from Dr. Mark Henshaw--the very man she blames for her mother's death. Mark has hopes of earning Isabelle's forgiveness and affections, but an unexpected incident may derail any hope they have of being together.

____________________________________________

My Review 3.5 STARS

There’s something harmonious about Susan Mason’s writing. The long and short of it is that Mason writes historical fiction that keeps my interest by creating riveting characters and intriguing plot lines.

That said, there are several phrases/ideas that caused me to lower my rating on this one. There are references to toxicity in relationships that are definitely modern. The atomic bomb hadn’t been used yet so I don’t think they would know what a “toxic ball” even was. Also, one particular gentleman who claims to be a Christian referred to something as being “a sign from the universe”. That is new age thought, not the thought of any followers of Christ that I have known these last 40 years. I may be a tad nit-picky but to me, these things matter in CF.

None of this stops me from wanting to read any stories Mason publishes in the future though. She writes compelling storylines full of emotion and grace!

I highly recommend this entire series to readers looking for pleasant summer reading. I received a print copy from the author and publisher. No review was required.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so delighted that you've taken time to come by and comment. Blessings for a joy-filled day!

1 Corinthians 1:3 ~ Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.