Thursday, July 12, 2012

♥ Barns are Beautiful ♥

Found another barn on the Quilt Barn Trail this past weekend. Isn't this homestead and barn just beautiful?


The owners were on the porch enjoying the cool breeze and waved to us as we were taking pictures. I'm sure they are used to that!


It was a beautiful day!


Here it is up close and with no editing. This shows the pretty colors of the quilt square, and the rustic aging of the barn. 

                I'm linked up with Rural Thursday!



Have a great day in the Lord!


8 comments:

  1. Neat barn, Anne. I like the extended roof/ lean-to. I think the quilt blocks are fun too.

    Thank you for the nice comment you left on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute little barn! My farrier painted a quilt on his too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilts just make these barns pop and special in their own way.

    Thank you for sharing at Rural Thursdays this week, Anne. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quilt Barn Trail? That sounds like so much fun! This is such a beautiful barn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's so cool to connect with folks from all over thru blogging, and learn about them thru their words and photos....Better than seeing, for example, an old barn in a movie....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great barn, and I noticed the hex sign. Is that what you call that design? PS I joined you blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all the great comments! I appreciate each of you taking time to come by and comment, and also to follow my blog.

    The quilt pattern used on this barn isn't the Hex pattern. It closely resembles the Doe & Darts pattern, with a slight variation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stopping by to say Hi from the blog hop. Come visit sometime, tea is cold and no shoes are required. Kathy B. http://www.southernmadeintheshade.blogspot.com Joined your blog as Kathy B. with the bluebird.

    ReplyDelete

I am so delighted that you've taken time to come by and comment. Blessings for a joy-filled day!

1 Corinthians 1:3 ~ Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.