Saturday, July 28, 2012

Review ~ Short Straw Bride by Karen Witemeyer


Review of Short Straw Bride, Karen Witemeyer  

Guest Reviewer Judy Burgi

I loved this book by Karen Witemeyer. To be completely honest with you this is the first book of hers that I have read. And it won't be the last.

The author has a way to rope you in with her writing style. Her characters truly come to life. This book is a real page turner from the very beginning.

This book isn't a mystery, or suspense, but it is definitely filled with drama. Chapter after chapter you will want more. I hope that the author will do a sequel or follow up with the characters in this book. I want to know what happens to each and every Archer brother!

Travis Archer is very protective of his brothers and of their land. He made a promise to his dying Father that he would look after both. He has every intention of keeping that promise. There are people out there that want his land and will stop at nothing to get it. Will they succeed? After all, the odds are against the brothers; four brothers fighting for their land. How long can they hold intruders off?

Along comes Meredith Hayes. She happens to over hear of a plan to burn the Archer brothers off their land. Meredith feels she must warn the brothers of this plan because of the kindness once paid to her by Travis Archer when she was yet a young girl. Does Meredith succeed in warning the brothers before this happens? Will the brothers even believe her if she does get to them in time?

Get ready for some action. I guarantee you will love this delightful read. Meredith Hayes has some spunk! I fell in love with this character for that reason. How far would we go to protect those we love?

I wish to thank Bethany House Publishers for sending me a copy of Short-Straw Bride to read and review. The opinions in this review are mine alone.

Thanks Judy, for that enthusiastic review! I just received my copy in the mail today, so hopefully I will have my review posted in the next few weeks. 

Have you read this book yet? What did you think?  Don't you just love this cover? Bethany House has some of the best designers.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so delighted that you've taken time to come by and comment. Blessings for a joy-filled day!

1 Corinthians 1:3 ~ Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.