Friday, November 9, 2018

Fun Christmas Craft Ideas

I realize Thanksgiving isn't even here yet but I signed up to participate in an ornament exchange. The ornament has to be mailed out by Dec 1 so I am on the hunt for something quick and easy yet still pretty. If you have any ideas, please leave a comment and let me know.

As I was perusing YouTube, I came across a couple of super fun looking crafts and messy is always better, right? :-)

This one uses paper and glue (lots of glue!), food coloring and sea salt. 




I'm pretty sure you could do the same thing with clear plastic ornaments and it would be safe for the kiddos to make some too!




I am a fan of rustic and shabby so this next ornament might be my favorite!
I think I will definitely be trying this one out.



What do you think? Any of these ideas you might want to try?

I'll be sure and share my finished Christmas ornaments!

~Happy Crafting~

4 comments:

  1. Maybe a really pretty quilted hanging star, with lots of embellishments!
    So nice to be part of a Christmas swap. I havent seen any around this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barbara, I have seen the quilted stars but have no idea how to make one! That might be out of my skill set. I love my heart ornament you sent me a few years ago. :-) The swap I signed up for is in one of my author promo groups. Sometimes our church ladies do a swap. Maybe you could initiate one at your church.

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness! She cut up a book into strips! GASP!! Lol. Even if it is an old book, I just don't think I could cut it up! Haha. That was a cool ornament though.

    Thanks for sharing these videos. I think my kids might like to make a few of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha!!!! There are some books I could rip up 😉😊
      I forgot to post the button one though. But I think in posted it on FB. I'm going to give that a try since I found a brand new bag of buttons at a yard sale.

      Delete

I am so delighted that you've taken time to come by and comment. Blessings for a joy-filled day!

1 Corinthians 1:3 ~ Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.