Tuesday, November 13, 2018

The Christmas Heirloom: Four Holiday Novellas of Love Through the Generations by Karen Witemeyer, Kristi Ann Hunter, Sarah Loudin Thomas, Becky Wade


In Kristi Ann Hunter's "Legacy of Love," Sarah Gooding never suspected returning a brooch to an elderly woman would lead to a job . . . and introduce her to the woman's grandson, a man far above her station.

In Karen Witemeyer's "Gift of the Heart," widow Ruth Albright uses the family brooch as collateral for a loan from the local banker. But the more she comes to know the man behind the stern businessman, the more she hopes for a second chance at love.

In Sarah Loudin Thomas's "A Shot at Love," Fleeta Brady's rough-and-tumble childhood means she prefers hunting to more feminine activities. She never expected her family's brooch might be how a fellow hunter turns her attention from competition to romance.

In Becky Wade's "Because of You," Maddie Winslow has spent years in love with a man whose heart was already spoken for. When a church Christmas project brings them together and she stumbles upon an old family brooch, might it finally be her turn for love?

Purchase a copy:
*CBD



My Review 
4 STARS!!!  

The Christmas Heirloom, a collection of four Christmas stories following an heirloom brooch through generations of a family, is a unique and enjoyable read. I liked all of the stories but Witemeyer’s is my favorite. It think it's similar to Ruth and Boaz, with a slight twist. ;)

Beauregard aka ‘Bo’ appears to be gruff but as the story progresses we see he has a deep tenderness underneath. Even though this is a novella, it was well fleshed out and I never felt like it was rushed. It is definitely a sweet and romantic story. 

Take a few minutes out of your busy holiday schedule and enjoy a relaxing evening with the fine characters gracing the pages of The Christmas Heirloom. You’ll appreciate the beautiful themes of faith and hope, all wrapped up in love. 

 I was provided a print copy of the book from the publisher. No review was required. No compensation received.


*I am not affiliated with CBD and make no money if you use the link to purchase. 
It is provided as a courtesy only.

4 comments:

  1. Ooooh, I think I "need" to go buy this book. I love Christmas novels and I love Karen Whitmeyer so it's a win-win :) Thanks for sharing, my friend! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will definitely enjoy these novellas! And yes, Karen is one of my favorite authors. Hugs to you too, my friend! :-) Stay warm!!!

      Delete
  2. I just finished this yesterday! A fun collection from some great authors. I enjoyed Karen's and Sarah's stories the best but all were good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like all of these novella collections! They are a great way to discover new authors.

      Delete

I am so delighted that you've taken time to come by and comment. Blessings for a joy-filled day!

1 Corinthians 1:3 ~ Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.