Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Review ~ Stratagem by Robin Caroll

Paperback, 320 pages
Published November 1st 2018 by Shiloh Run Press
Deep in the gritty underbelly of New Orleans, psychologist Grayson Thibodeaux loses everything when his wife leaves him to climb her company’s corporate ladder. He buries himself in his job of creating mind-bending adventure games for businesses as team-building explorations. When his ex-wife’s company hires Grayson’s to create an elaborate game, he doesn’t see how things can get worse. Until she dies during the course of the game he created…making him the prime suspect for murder.

Purchase:
 *CBD

My Review
5 STARS!!!

This was my first Robin Caroll book but it won’t be my last. I can see why all the hoopla surrounding her stories. The psychological twists and turns in Stratagem are mind-blowing. The way businesses use these freaky games to encourage team work and/or choose which employee is worthy of promotion is kind of sick and twisted yet absolutely fascinating at the same time. 

For reasons I cannot explain, by the third chapter I knew who the killer was. The frustrating part about that was there was not a single clue to point me in the right direction. It was just a gut instinct. By chapter 10, I did what I never do…I looked at the last chapter, just enough to confirm my suspicion. At first, I was disappointed (in myself) but then the game became to see how the author was going to bring out all the players fears and secrets, and show me why the bad guy was the bad guy. I was not disappointed! I was completely drawn into this story to the point of having a little chat with one of the detectives. I didn’t like all the characters but that’s just a mark of a well-written book.


If you like a thriller mystery that keeps you on the edge of your seat and turning pages as fast as you can, you will want to read Stratagem. Not only does it have an interesting plot but the faith theme is deeply moving. There is an incredibly sad element in this story that isn’t glossed over but it is tempered by showing God’s love and forgiveness that leads to freedom.

I was provided a copy of the book from the publisher. No review was required. No compensation received.
 


*I am not affiliated with CBD and make no money if you use the link to purchase. 
It is provided as a courtesy only.

2 comments:

  1. I think I would enjoy this. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YW! Let me know what you think when you read it.

      Delete

I am so delighted that you've taken time to come by and comment. Blessings for a joy-filled day!

1 Corinthians 1:3 ~ Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.