Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Review ~ Between Stairs and Stardust by Pepper Basham

Kindle Edition
February 14, 2019
Experience a touch of magic with these four fairytale-ish novellas that span over one hundred years. Linked by an illustrated book of fairytales, each novella is an enchanting combination of a beloved classic sprinkled with the author’s own brand of fairy dust.

Between Stairs and Stardust is set in 1913 Asheville, NC at the beautiful Biltmore Estate and includes a budding children’s book illustrator, an out-of-the box heir, and a teensy bit of Cinderella romance. 

Entanglements has a Rapunzel twist and is set in 1920’s Boston between a reluctant heiress, a charming piano tuner, and a game of chess.

Twice Upon A Time is a Beauty-And-The-Beast inspired tale that brings a romance novelist back home to her family's pecan farm... and the ex-fiance she left behind.

Once Bitten is a nod to Snow White that includes a fake date with a handsome woodsman, seven geeks, and the world's best apple tarts.




My review is for Pepper Basham's novella, Between Stairs and Stardust
It's available on Amazon in the compilation. I'm getting ready to read the other stories and if they are half as good as Basham's, they will be phenomenal! 

*Pre-order:



My Review
5 STARS!!!

“Weren’t the best stories about people who had the courage to make it through the hardest circumstances to discover the sweetest ever-afters?”

Between Stairs and Stardust is a lovely and creative re-telling of Cinderella. With all the magic and fairy dust imaginable, this story swirls with captivating language woven around themes of restoration, love and hope that only the One who is the creator of all of life can give us abundantly from His grace.

“Bravery is not walking confidently in the light but keeping faith even in the dark. Oh, yes! For the brave go with hope as their light, and not even the shadow of death will deter them.”

My heart was so moved by this story, I found myself shedding tears from the sheer beauty of it. Basham’s lyrical prose allowed my imagination to flutter and flit as free as a fairy. Add in the grandeur of Biltmore House and I was transported right into this magical tale Between Stairs and Stardust!

“Imagination in the head of a smart mind and the breast of a kind heart? I predict all sorts of glorious trouble in the best possible way.”

I was provided an advanced electronic copy from the author. No review was required. No compensation received.


*I am not affiliated with Amazon and make monies if you use the link to purchase a copy of the book. It is provided as a courtesy only.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a delightful book, sweet friend. I always enjoy your wonderful book reviews - thanks for sharing. And thank you for the lovely comment on my blog today. Your words are always a blessing to read.

    Happy Valentine's Day! Hugs and love to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Stephanie! I loved this story so much. I'm working on the others in the compilation now. Your post was wonderful!!!! I wish I lived closer to you and your mom. :-) Did you get the book yet? It was supposed to have arrived yesterday.

      Love you!!! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Anne, thank you for posting about this book! Why have I not heard of it? Hmmm... Fabulous review, my friend, and although I'm not a novella collection lover per se, you just may've talked me into this one! I know you don't give 5 star ratings lightly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Diana, I've only read Pepper's so far but if you have read any of her books, you know she is an awesome storyteller!! I think you'd like these. xoxo

      Delete

I am so delighted that you've taken time to come by and comment. Blessings for a joy-filled day!

1 Corinthians 1:3 ~ Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.