Thursday, February 14, 2019

How Cupid Shot Me :-)

Reblogging this post from 2012! 


My freshman year of college, WAY back in 1980, I stopped at the local Mickey D's most days on the way to, or from, classes to get a cinnamon danish, or a double cheeseburger with no ketchup, extra onions, depending on if I was eating breakfast or lunch.


Now I don't know about your local McD's but mine had a couple of cute guys working there! A couple times I saw this one guy stick his head around the shake machine and all I could see were these gorgeous blue eyes under a shock of dark hair! No body ever came out, just part of the head. Apparently, he was interested. So much so that as I was standing in line one day he came in the front door, unbeknownst to me, and bumped me from behind into an elderly man in front of me, all the while grinning from ear to ear as he went on back behind the counter. I was not amused!

The next day...I go in for my double cheeseburger, no ketchup, extra onions. Little do I know that "the pushy guy" is going to make my burger and he has a little surprise for me. Back then those particular burgers came in boxes. Remember? Well, extra onions would normally mean...a few extra. Not a TON. He put so many onions on that burger it wasn't even funny! Ok, it was funny. He knew I would bring it back. There was that big grin again and those blue eyes sparkled!!!

 Fast forward to a few days later - You knew I was going back, right?! It was super busy that morning and I had a friend who worked there. As I was walking out she hollared across the restaurant at me, "Hey! My manager wants to know if you'll go out with him." I hollared back, "He can ask me himself!" And I walked out. Humph! That'll show him.

When I came in the next time, I honestly don't remember how many days it was, but I do remember the date. It was December 4th, 1980, early morning. The "guy" finally came out from behind the counter, walked over to my table... well, he sort of swaggered ;) asked if he could sit down and proceeded to ask me out! My heart was pounding so hard and fast I was sure he could see it beating :)

It was love at first bite sight! I know in my ♥ that God brought us together but Mickey D's will always hold a special place in our ♥'s!

 We'll celebrate 30 37 years of marriage this summer!

 And that's How Cupid Shot Me!





Genesis 2:24 ~ For this reason a man shall leave his father and his mother, and be joined to his wife; and they shall become one flesh.


*cupid is from microsoft clipart 


 How did you meet the one who holds the key to your heart?



13 comments:

  1. What a lovely story! 40 years ago, my son introduced me to the love of my life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome, Barbara!!! Happy Valentine's Day 💕

      Delete
  2. I loved reading this!! What a very sweet love story, Love at first bite (sight)
    We also will be married for 37 years this summer. He asked me to marry him 3 times before I said yes. I just wish I had yes the first time...
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roxy, That's funny...three times. When my husband asked me, I was still just 18, and the first thing I said was WHEN??? hahaha I knew I loved him and wanted to get married right away but we waited 13 months. It really was better that way. :-)

      Delete
  3. I like to write your story.
    have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute, romantic love story, Anne! I still like double cheeseburgers, but for a different reason. They're good!! lol Actually, a guy I was seeing introduced me to my hubby. Wrong thing for him to have done. Those baby blues & dark hair won me over! We got married after we had only been dating for 8 months. This April will be 46 years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's romantic, Diana! 46 years is awesome!!! My husband had dark hair and baby blues too. Of course, he still has the baby blues. ;)

      Delete
    2. Thank you, Anne! My hubby still has the baby blues as well, but I love to rub his shaved head. So I don't miss his hair as much as he does. lol

      Delete
  5. What a sweet precious love story Anne! I just loved hearing how you both came to meet each other! Do you still love Mickey D's cheeseburgers with onions? I just had to ask hee hee! I actually love the Big Mac, it is my favorite fast food burger, lol. My husband and I met on a Wednesday night in our little church. He was new, a visitor, and came in late. I turned around to see who the latecomer was, and our eyes locked, and my heart jumped... and 6 months later we were married! It's will be 24 years this summer! Amazing how fast time passes... Hugs to you sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha!!! We will always'like' McDs burgers but as I get older, they are less appealing. ;-)
      I think your love story is amazing!!! It brought a huge smile to me face because I remember the first time my husband and I locked eyes....heart pitter patter!!!! Whew! I'm thankful for the Lord's blessing on our marriages and for the commitments we made all those years ago to be honored. Love you, friend!

      Delete
  6. Oh Anne, my heart just melted when I read about your love story. It's just precious! Thanks for sharing and for bringing a smile to my face. The two of you are such a cute couple. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My heart continues to melt every day God gives me with my husband. I am blessed!!! xoxo

      Delete

I am so delighted that you've taken time to come by and comment. Blessings for a joy-filled day!

1 Corinthians 1:3 ~ Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.