Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Review ~ 40 Day Devotional Challenge - To Encourage Your Heart and Deepen Your Faith by Kathi Macias

Available in eBook only


Reviewed by Anne Payne

As soon as I finished the first devotion in the free sample I downloaded, I knew that this book was going to have an impact on my life. The Scripture used is taken mostly from the Old Testament, which is a rarity in devotionals today, and I thoroughly enjoyed this aspect of the book. Kathi explains and applies the Scripture passages by using short but effective personal examples.  

At the end of each devotion the reader is encouraged to “Make it Personal”. Picking up my journal and pen, I expected to jot down one or two reflective thoughts but each one turned into full page or longer prayers. I love how the Lord has used these simple but thoughtful writings from Kathi to inspire me to put my prayers on paper. Time flew by as I wrote and it opened up a whole new level of worship. I can’t help but think it is sort of like writing a love letter to the Lord; my heart to His.

I highly recommend purchasing this lovely book to have as an ideal companion alongside your Bible. I know some will hesitate at using an eBook but perhaps it will eventually be in print for those who like to have a paperback book on hand. Don’t forget to have your pen and paper handy, and maybe your favorite beverage because you might find yourself sitting there for a while, like I did J

After I shared my enthusiasm for the sample chapters with a friend on Facebook, I was pleasantly surprised when I received an email from the author offering to gift me a copy of the complete 40 Day Devotional Challenge in exchange for a review. Thank you, Kathi Macias!

FYI - There are FREE apps for reading eBooks on your computer if you don’t have an electronic handheld device like a Kindle. Just click here.

11 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the lovely, review, Anne. And yes, it will eventually be available in print. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome, Kathi! I'll have to snag a copy when it comes out in print. I'm one of those who prefers 'real' books ;)

      Delete
  2. Thank you, Anne. Beautiful review. I too love the wisdom of the Old Testament. God's assurance. I look forward to the print copy! Your cyberspace friend and sister in Christ, Kathleen ~ Lane Hill House

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathleen, It is a wonderful companion book and I know you will enjoy it! Have a blessed week, my friend :)

      Delete
  3. Love the precious WORD that you give everyday. Did you receive your package? Just wanted to make sure. Haven't heard from you and wanted to make sure it got to where it was supposed to go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bonnie! I sent you an email and also mailed a card today :) I'm always late!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you, Fred. It's really one of the best devotionals I have. I highly recommend it!

      Delete

I am so delighted that you've taken time to come by and comment. Blessings for a joy-filled day!

1 Corinthians 1:3 ~ Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.