Thursday, March 27, 2014

Tea Cup Exchange #3

Once again, Stephanie @ The Enchanting Rose put together a phenomenal Tea Cup Exchange! I enjoyed shopping for my recipient, Ceil @ Surrounded by the Spirit. She has been a delight to get to know. 

Now, Bonnie @ White Lace and Promises had my name in the exchange and sent me an AWESOME package of goodies! If you get an opportunity, hop on over there and see what an amazing transformation she's done to her kitchen! 

Notice the fun and whimsical colors on the left side of this photo. It's an oven mitt! I don't have one of those but it sure has come in handy with all the baking I've been doing. I was challenged to get any good photos inside, so after this one I took it all outside :)


All these terrific skin care products from Mary Kay...
Let me just say I was in desperate need! 
How did she know?!


With being cooped up so much this winter because of my surgery, I have experienced some terribly dry skin. These lotions are A. MAZ. ING. The lip gloss feels so good on my chapped lips. And that pretty pink bottle is filled with an oil-free eye makeup remover. Oh yeah. Love it!

oops...The tea is all gone! How did that happen? ;)


But the crowning glory of the package is my tea cup. Tears welled, fast and hot, when I unwrapped this jewel. My mom loved white fine china and I inherited her set after she passed away. It's rimmed in silver but still, when I saw this dainty cup and saucer, I couldn't help but think how much my mom would have loved to see it. And those are her pearls that compliment the loveliness of my new cup.


I didn't take a photo of the bottom of the cup but it's a Royal Bayreuth from Bavaria. There's actually a collector's club and I've been reading the fascinating history of this company. I know it may sound dull to some but not to me. I love learning about who made such delicate and fine china, the country of origin, etc. 


Just look at that sparkle! She's a real beauty and I want to say how much I appreciate Bonnie sending me such thoughtful gifts along with an extraordinary teacup that I will always treasure!

Thanks again, Stephanie! Love you much and appreciate all you do for your blogging friends.

To see what everyone exchanged, hop on over to... 
http://theenchantingrose.blogspot.com/2014/03/tea-cup-exchange-link-up.html

“Friendship is born at that moment when one man says to another: "What! You too? I thought that no one but myself . . ."” 
― C.S. LewisThe Four Loves

Have a blessed day in the Lord!

Sharing with

22 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!!! What a blessing, Anne! Such a great idea. Hugs and love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Anne, I can see why the tea cup brought tears to your eyes, you brought tears to mine as I read your words about your mom. It would seem Bonnie allowed the Lord to lead her in giving to you, don't you think? What a special blessing!

    And how wonderful to have received Mary Kay products for your hands! Thank you, sweet friend, for joining the exchange once again and for everything you did! Many blessings to you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anne! What a beautiful arrangement of gifts, and so thoughtful too! Your teacup is so dainty and special. What a lovely surprise to get in the mail.
    So much fun!
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anne,
    What a lovely gift you have received. The beauty products alone are lovely but that teacup!! She's a beauty! And you have displayed her so beautifully with your mother's pearls. A wonderful surprise in the mail! Thank you for sharing at Tea Time and have a lovely weekend.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks gorgeous with the pearls. i love mary kay ... partners really are great ... mine knew my love for Chai tea ... so perfect in my book. enjoy!! ( :

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely cup! Love the pearls.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful teacup and beautiful story...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your teacup is just lovely and what a sweet package Bonnie put together for you. I had such fun participating in Stephanie's exchange last fall but just didn't have the time to participate this time. I hope I can for the next one. Enjoy your new teacup...:)
    Blessings, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just came over from the link up to see you lovelies. Oh you are a lucky girl to receive such nice goodies. It's so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What lovely gifts you've received and the teacup is so delicate. Your dear Mom must be smiling from heaven! Stephanie's teacup exchange is such a blessing, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for visting my blog, nice to meet you. What a lovely tea cup (and goodies!!!), Bonnie is a treasure, isn't she? I think I will addyou to my reading list.Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so glad you like it and so glad that I have a new Christian friend. I love your blog. White is just my favorite. This was priced extremely high but I have a great friend who manages the flea market and she gave me a real steal. I'm so glad you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad to find your blog through the tea cup exchange. Your tea cup is lovely and the pictures are so creative. Thanks for visiting Buttercup's. Hope you will stop by often.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooh, your tea cup is so elegant. I love the details on the trim. So feminine and gorgeous. I love how it makes you think of your mom too. I know she would have loved to take a glimpse of this and shared a cup of tea with you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I had to comment again because I just saw that you are in NC. Me too! Piedmont area. I'm bordering SC. I love the mountains!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Anne,
    What a delightful tea swap! Bonnie put together a wonderful box for you! I love this tea cup...so elegant! And the products too...how wonderful it was exactly what you were needing. I hope you are doing really well and that you are having a good spring : )
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Dear Anne,
    What a beautiful, elegant and dainty tea cup! She is a beauty all right!!
    Your photos with your dear mothers pearls turned out quite lovely. Her heart would be blessed in deed.
    You have much to enjoy there. :-)
    These exchanges fill or hearts with many memories, and the joy of new friends.
    Much love to you, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh your teacup is beautiful. It is as elegant as your beautiful pearls! I really wish I could have joined this exchange. It has been something I have not done for a few years. But when I did I had a fantastic partner and Francie and I became good friends.
    I am a lover of all things tea and I think I am new following you on one of these many links that we link up to! Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a Beautiful Thoughtful Gift... and the Memories it Evokes make it all the more Special! Delighted to have discovered the Teacup Tuesday Blog Party this afternoon so that I could join in and discover all these Inspiring Blog that also enjoy a Good Tea Party and Cup of Tea!

    Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  20. That really is a lovely tea cup. Nothing beats first brewing your tea in a bone china pot and then drinking it from a similar cup. I don't use my tea cups as often as I'd like, I really must remedy that.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Tea will always taste better in a bone china cup and saucer. And what a special treat to have that beautiful one as a gift. I love the idea of adding your mom's pearls to the scene. I too have my mom's pearls that I treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  22. HI Anne! I thought I'd come over & stroll through your blog & leave you some love! Well, I have been enjoying looking at all of your BEAUTIFUL photos!!! AND when I came to these lovely photo's, I of course, HAD TO comment HERE! :) You have a BEAUTIFUL BLOG! I also just wanted to let you know I appreciate your following my blog!!! THANK YOU! :D

    ReplyDelete

I am so delighted that you've taken time to come by and comment. Blessings for a joy-filled day!

1 Corinthians 1:3 ~ Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.